Cisco ISR 4000 PLR License Features
The Cisco ISR 4000 PLR license can be used on these devices to register all product instances permanently (no need to periodic renewal) and with full capabilities. Cisco permanent license reservation is a subsequence of Cisco smart licensing solution though it eliminates the requirement for connectivity to Cisco smart software manager and is suitable for enterprises with highly secure environment. On device’s CLI you can generate a reservation request code and send it for a Cisco partner. Then, the Cisco partner will provide you an authorization code which you can enter on your product and activate device’s full throughput capacity permanently.
Please note that these licenses are node-locked and cannot be monitored or transported between different devices. Also, using PLR licenses can remove customers concerns and doubts about different license types and licenses product numbers and can bring them relief by providing a single license that enables all features forever.
Cisco PLR licenses allow the device to support the following throughput capacity:
- Cisco ISR 4221 PLR license provides over 1Gbps network throughput.
- Cisco ISR 4321 PLR license provides over 1.5Gbps network throughput.
- Cisco ISR 4331 PLR license provides over 2Gbps network throughput.
- Cisco ISR 4351 PLR license provides over 2Gbps network throughput.
- Cisco ISR 4431 PLR license provides over 4Gbps network throughput.
- Cisco ISR 4451 PLR license provides over 4Gbps network throughput.
- Cisco ISR 4461 PLR license provides over 7Gbps network throughput.
Please note that common for the new ISR 4000 Family is that all platforms come with fixed maximum performance levels. One fixed base performance level is delivered as factory default with an optional performance-on-demand license to increase the base forwarding throughput. This scenario enables deployment in high-speed WAN environments through performance-on-demand licensing to double or, for one of the platforms, triple the router capacity without any hardware upgrades.